Thanks for joining me!
Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton
This is the generic opening to my adventure. I’ve always wanted to start a blog, but I’ve been far to shy and wondered why anyone would want to hear about me, anyways. I’m not particularly interesting; I don’t cook, I’m not a mom, I don’t travel enough. I like memes and I play video games, but I’m not particularly good.
But, I don’t think that makes me anything bad. I’m average, and I like it at that. At some points things might get more interesting. But my intention isn’t to gain a bunch of subscribers, I’ll be impressed if I get one.
A few of my blogging goals include:
- Introspection. I’ve grown a lot these past few months. I’ve done a lot of introspection and learned a lot more about myself. I want to keep doing so. I’ll talk about it another time, but letting god teach me more about me and what He designed me to be like has given me a lot to think about.
- Palpable. Palpability? I don’t know if that’s a word. But I learned, I have so many thoughts and I think a lot, whether I want to or not. I think writing is a medium which definitely helps me understand my thoughts. It also helps me organize my thoughts. I don’t have to go off tangents and I can think more clearly as I try to get the words out that my brain sees, but doesn’t necessarily understand. It makes my thoughts something I can see, process and understand.
- Accountability. I always have these big plans and ideas and goals. But, I never tell anyone. Sometimes, I tell my husband, but even then, he’s not super strict with me. Again, something I’ll talk about another time. But, maybe if I place my goals and ideas on here for all the internet to see, I will be able to reach some of the goals for the year.
- Comfort. I’m really stepping out of my comfort zone with this one. I rarely share what’s going on in my head. I often share what I think others want to hear. I definitely want to start working on coming out of my shell and stepping out in comfort. I want to share my thoughts, my opinions. even my stories.
- Memories. There is so much wonderful things that happened to me in 2018, and sadly the greatest times were often these small moments. I really want to start remembering the small moments that made my life so great.
This is an absolutely personal blog. Most of what will be on here will be random opinions. Opinions on movies I have watched, games I play, places I ate.
I may include sharing some moments of my life, talking about the people i shared these moments with and how I felt – safe keeping the memories on the internet, where things don’t disappear.
I might include stories. I always come up with short stories or ideas, so nothing will be completed stories. Just little drabbles, vignettes or even a journal of a dream that I would have loved to create a story about.
So, here you have it. Whether this is future me reading; or some passerby who is bored, perhaps a friend who clicked the link i dared to share? Welcome to my story.